St1 chooses HiQ’s Frends as the next steppingstone in their long-term partnership with HiQ. Frends will be the company’s new solution for API management and mobile back-end integrations.
– To move even further into our partnership with St1 is a great thing. It proves that we can offer our clients a variation of services, tapping into more areas than just one. This enables us to become an even deeper partner and I’m very happy to see us growing in our partnership with St1, says Sven Ivar Mørch, CEO of HiQ.
HiQ has played an important part in St1’s work with digitalization projects by designing and developing business critical features to the mobile applications creating completely new businesses to the St1 and Shell brands. These projects have included the development of features such as mobile fueling & car washes, digital subscription-based coffee agreement and the St1 Mastercard account. Now the company selects HiQ for another, new area by selecting Frends as their new solution for API management and mobile back-end integrations.
– It’s a true honor for HiQ and Frends to work with St1 and for an even deeper partnership. Our aim is to simplify and improve, to be able to do this for an already existing client at HiQ is the core of what we want to do, tap into more segments for each client, says Jukka Rautio, Head of Frends at HiQ.
As St1 has developed a growing number of digital solutions, the company found themselves in a situation where the existing API architecture was not meeting the business requirements. St1 was looking for a solution that could help them reduce the IT burden and the total cost of ownership (TCO) as well as reduce delivery cycles of API’s and integrations and choose Frends for this as the old solution had grown complex and was costly to maintain.
With Frends, St1 moved the API-first architecture approach and created a secure ecosystem for all applications. Some of the implementations included:
- API management. Enables a full life-cycle management of API’s: designing, publishing, monitoring and managing.
- API gateway. Adds the additional layer of security to the microservices and back-end functions as a load balancer to handle requests in the most efficient manner.
– With Frends we can take care of all our API management requirements. We selected Frends as our long-term API management solution and so far, it has proven flexible, reliable and cost-efficient, says Linda Pihl, Head of Digital at St1 Nordic.
With the new simplified API solution St1 was able to reduce the volume of unwanted traffic and increase reliability. The platform had over 1 000 000 process executions within the first month in use and currently handles over 3 million API calls per month. The partnership between St1 and HiQ also covers the support and maintenance operations for all the mobile apps and Frends integration solution.
For more technical information, please visit: