What we're looking for
Front-end and Back-end developers – as well as Full-stack developers – work in scrum teams. Some projects are long-term (ongoing development that takes years) and some are time-fixed (6-9 months) making it possible to jump from one to another. Our teams need a mix of skills, depending on customer and project needs.
We provide comprehensive software development and application maintenance services for our customers. Our scrum teams work together with Nordic colleagues to deliver new applications and systems, build new functionalities improving existing products and also fixing bugs when s*** happens on production. Customers that we work for come from different industry branches, for example, the biggest Finnish television, supermarket chain or building construction company. Projects length vary from months or even years (continuous development), so you can stay in one project for a long time or change to something different when the project ends.
Checklist for applicant
Our team is growing and we are looking for engineers with passion and experience in some of the areas mentioned below. You don't have to meet all of the points from the check-list below: we need different profiles and a mix of seniority. Send us CV and together we can think of the best place for you.
SKILL SET #1
- Good operating in back-end, like: Java (Spring), Groovy, Grails, REST, SOAP, MSSQL, JBoss EAP, Linux
- Familiar with tools that we use: Ant, Maven, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, JIRA, Confluence
- Agile-mindset and good understanding how to work in a scrum-team
- Optional: if you like from time to time do some server maintenance and optimisation (Linux and Windows servers, cloud) - like: OS reboot, patches, upgrades, user management, etc. - that will be a plus and we can extend the role to make you busy with that as well
- English skills good enough to communicate with colleagues in the Nordics
SKILL SET #2
- Few years of experience in .NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC
- Episerver (or any other CMS e.g. Wordpress, Drupal)
- Experience in QA role
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- English skills enough to communicate with colleagues in the Nordics
If you show a proactive attitude, if curiosity drives you and IT is your passion, we are the place you are looking for! Don't hesitate - apply now!
What you'll get
Are you eager to work for a top Nordic IT company in a friendly, informal atmosphere using best development tools? With us, you will have an opportunity to deliver meaningful solutions that bring real value to our customers. Besides that, we offer:
- Competitive salary adequate to your experience
- HiQ is a flexible employer who is willing to adjust the best working methods to your lifestyle
- Flexible working hours, part-time employment possible, remote work (up to 25% of the time)
- Flat organisation structure – you are empowered to do what is needed
- Lots of possibilities to develop your skills
- Working in an international environment (some travelling to Nordics may be required)
- Nice atmosphere and fun at work
- Private medical health care, sport card